Thursday, January 12, 2006

Someone's Waiting

Someone's been waiting for me to change the tone of my writing from 'waiting' to 'found at last'...

Someone who seems to really like me (I do not use dreaded four letter words).

Someone I find cheerful, interesting, funny and smart.

And someone who's watch always runs 20 minutes late.

Someone who drove 23km to surprise me and to cheer me up...

Someone who I don't think is a dus bata dus, and definitely not a relative of the feviquik family(you know, sticks permanently, and sticks fast)

And someone who seems to understand the concept of time and space...

Yes, they're all the same person.

But I am still not in the right frame of heart or mind. I'm in an uncharacteristically selfish phase right now. All I can think of is me and myself alone.

Can't imagine a concept such as giving, listening and trusting. I rip people apart, those who annoy me. And prefer to keep people away. Turned down enough people already. And am in the process of turning down some more...

But this guy, am not sure how he sneaked in avoiding all those obstacles I set. Not too far, no. But far enough to make me think. Enough to make me wonder what my brother would think of him. And enough to get my hopes up again. Some of that cynicism seems to be wearing off... And that's a brilliant sign as far as I'm concerned.

Don't know. All avenues still open, including the part where I run away to haridwar and sing bhajans in temples. And that particular one seems the most interesting so far...