Thursday, September 07, 2006

Excerpts From a Conversation

Newly Married Friend: So, when are you getting married

Me: Not so soon.

Newly Married Friend: How come? What are you waiting for

Me: Actually I'm scared

Newly Married Friend: Of What?

Me: Losing my independence, that sort of thing

Newly Married Friend: But that's not true Sammy

Me: Well, I want to study, I want to move up and do a few things with my life and then get marred.

Newly Married Friend: You can do all that after getting married.

Me: That's what my parents say, but it depends on the guy, don't you think

Newly Married Friend: Sure! I'm sure you'll get a great guy

Me: So, how's your job hunt going?

Newly Married Friend: Not too good.


Whatever happened to the career-nirvana-after-marriage?

I rest my case.

Poor, Poor brainwashed babes.